Monday, May 21, 2012

Big Babies and Relationships

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I spent most of mine cleaning and moving!  I think I may have outdone myself yesterday with all the moving b/c my body is pretty sore today.  Hopefully I didn't strain my baby.... I had a doctor's appt last week where I had the Glucose Challenge Test.  I was a little worried about it but everything turned out fine and I don't have gestational diabetes!! No shots for me!  I also found out that I am measuring a few centimeters ahead of schedule.  They say your tummy measurements closely relates to your pregnancy week.  I was at 28 weeks and I measured 31 centimeters.  The midwife said that the myth is truth, give or take 2 cm, so I'm not that far off.  I wonder if this will affect my due date? Everyday I learn something new about my relationship with Bill.  I'm trying to find that consistent balance of when to get angry, when to let things go, when to cry, when to laugh, etc.... and it's difficult.  I always thought that all the hooplah everyone talked about in reference to getting married was because they either weren't trying hard enough or just didn't care.  I thought that I would be different b/c I care enough to work on the relationship.  But ya know what.... a relationship isn't one sided.  You have to deal with another personality.  One that grew up in a different environment, different culture, different way of doing things, with different perspectives.  Sometimes one will care more then the other.  Sometimes we forget all the promises we made b/c there's so many you have to make during the course of your relationship.  How can you tell when you're making too many compromises or not enough? Being in a marriage is no joke!  I'm a very cautious person.  I want to know that I am about to get hurt before I get hurt.  I want to know what's going on before it happens.  I take life seriously and everything is a big deal.  Bill, on the other hand, dives head first into everything.  He's all about the here and now.  So where do you find that healthy balance???

No comments:

Post a Comment