Monday, April 23, 2012

Rant and a Movie

Good morning !  Today is Monday and I am soooo tired.  I am 24 1/2 weeks along in my pregnancy and have my first doctors appt with the Birthcare Center on Wednesday.  From the beginning, I've been going to a regular OB/GYN but since I have a specific birthplan that I want to experience I figured it might be best to switch offices.  Since I've been pregnant, both Bill and I have researched birthing options and methods and are not completely comfortable with being in a hospital for delivery.  We want to have an unmedicated, natural bith.  I'm sure you're shaking your head in doubt at my decision because everyone else has too when I tell them my plan.  But the thing everyone fails to realize is that I am the one having this baby, not them.  Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions on delivery and I have my own.  I don't talk down to their decisions so I'm not sure why people want to talk down to mine.  It's very disheartening to express how excited I am about my delivery method of choice, only to have someone share their negative thoughts about it.  I do believe that there is a right of passage when it comes to motherhood and I want to experience every ounce of it.  I understand it's going to be painful and I am not opposed to interventions if there are complications with the child.  My intentions are not to be selfish but I am doing this for personal reasons.  Women have been doing this for many many years so who's to say that I am not capable of the same thing?!  Enough ranting about that ( I just needed to vent a little).  Bill and I went to see Think Like a Man this weekend.  We finally made it into the theatre on Sunday after trying to catch sold out shows on Friday and Saturday.  It was a pretty good movie about the "rules" of men and women.  I must admit, I did read the book when it came out and did try to apply the philosophy's Steve Harvey talked about during the beginning of mine and Bill's relationship. They must have worked b/c I got him to marry me!  Well, that and getting pregnant kinda helped things along.....

No comments:

Post a Comment